Browser support policy
This policy defines the web browsers which we support for our online systems and services.
- Statistics for browser support are based on information collected from Google Analytics on the login pages used by all our products.
- The list of supported browsers is reviewed on a calendar-monthly basis.
- Older browsers which we still need to support (notably Internet Explorer) should employ graceful degradation to ensure the user is still able to carry out the functional requirements or acceptance criteria.
- Only the latest stable version of browsers which adopt a rapid release cycle will be supported. This is due to the nature of rapid-release, meaning browser support could change on a weekly basis. When a new version of a browser is released, we will endeavour to ensure that our software is operable as soon as reasonably possible. From time to time, browser updates may reduce functionality of live sites.
- From January 12th 2016 only the latest version of Internet Explorer (currently IE11) will be supported, in line with Microsoft’s support.
Browser support termination policy
When a browser falls below 2% user base coverage, it will no longer be supported.
Currently supported browsers
|| SUPPORT STATUS
|Chrome (latest stable)||Supported|
|Chrome (previous releases)||Unsupported|
|Edge (latest stable)||Supported|
|Edge (previous releases)||Unsupported|
|Internet Explorer 6 or older||Unsupported|
|Internet Explorer 7||Unsupported|
|Internet Explorer 8||Unsupported|
|Internet Explorer 9||Unsupported|
|Internet Explorer 10||Unsupported|
|Internet Explorer 11||Supported|
|Safari (latest stable)||Supported|
|Safari (previous releases)||Unsupported|
|Firefox (latest stable)||Unsupported|
|Firefox (previous releases)||Unsupported|
Changes to this browser policy
We review this browser policy regularly and update it accordingly.
Last reviewed: 13th September 2019