If you do not wish to be bound by these terms then you may not use our website.
The information on this website is made available to you on condition that it is accessed via OneFile’s central server. Deep linking, or accessing this website other than through the central server and acknowledging OneFile as the source of any content on this site, shall be deemed to be a breach of these terms and of OneFile’s copyright in this website. Please read the OneFile copyright notice.
When you have completed registration on the website you will be given a unique user ID which is personal to you and which enables us to ensure that services provided to you are appropriate and further to develop services which may be of interest to you. By accepting a user ID you agree not to permit others to use it to access the website or to make it available to other people. OneFile reserves the right to refuse access to the website if it considers that a user ID is being used inappropriately and other than in accordance with these terms.
The information published on this website is provided for the convenience of its visitors and you are advised that, although care has been taken to ensure technical and factual accuracy, some errors may occur. No guarantee is given of the accuracy or completeness of information on these pages.
Please be aware that OneFile may alter the information on its website from time to time, including these terms, copyright notice and privacy notice. It is your responsibility to check these terms and to remain in compliance with them from time to time.
4. Acceptable use
You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site;
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms
- Bulletin boards
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (“contributions”), and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
5. Limitation of liability
OneFile shall have no liability arising from the use by any party of or reliance on the information on this website and so far as permitted by law excludes all liability for damages howsoever caused including without limitation any damage which is or represents loss of goodwill revenue or profit or failure to achieve any benefit expected from use of this website, loss of use of any asset, loss of data recorded on any computer or other machine, liability of any user of this website to any third party, any loss which is otherwise indirect, commercial, economic, special or consequential arising out of or in connection with the use by any party of any information provided on these pages.
OneFile uses reasonable endeavours to prevent contamination by known viruses and to maintain the security of the website but OneFile does not warrant the information on this website in any way and in particular no warranty is given that the website or its contents or hypertext links are accurate, complete, virus free or uncontaminated, nor can we guarantee that the website may not be affected by deliberate damage by hackers, failure of plant, machinery, equipment or computers, power failure, failure of telecommunications lines or any criminal action. All liability for such damage is hereby expressly excluded.
You are advised to make your own virus checks and to implement your own precautions in this respect. OneFile excludes all liability for contamination or damage caused by any virus or electronic transmission.
The incorporation of any links to other sites is for your convenience and reference only and does not imply that we approve or endorse the contents of that site or the material available from it and OneFile does not control and is not responsible for the content of any such sites in terms of their accuracy, suitability, legality or otherwise.
8. Operation of website
Although reasonable endeavours are used to maintain this website, OneFile will not be liable for any losses caused by failure or stoppage of the website for any reason, including without limitation virus contamination, or deliberate damage by hackers, failure of hardware, software or systems, power failure, failure of telecommunications lines or any criminal action.
9. Law and jurisdiction
Your use of this website is governed by the laws of England. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this website.
10. Copyright and reproduction
The contents of these pages are ©OneFile Ltd 2014 or are the copyright of OneFile’s licensors.
You may copy individual sections of any document on the website either electronically or on hard copy provided that:
- The integrity of the material is maintained, we are acknowledged as its source and OneFile’s website URL is given;
- if the material is transferred to hard copy, such transfer is limited to ten copies.
- Other than as permitted by this notice, reproduction is only permitted on the following conditions:
- such reproduction is by way of download to a temporary file into your normal temporary internet files directory/folder (or equivalent) for your personal use and not deliberately saved to any other part of any hard drive and/or transferred to any other party;
- if it is for provision to a third party (including other people within your organisation), such reproduction is not for commercial purposes and the third party is made aware that these conditions apply to it and its use of the material.
OneFile® is Copyright of OneFile Ltd
This website and its content is copyright of OneFile Ltd – © OneFile Ltd 2014. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
OneFile® is a registered Trade Mark
OneFile is registered with the Intellectual Property Office Trade Mark 2565026.
This policy was last updated on 27 November 2014.