User Experience researcher
We’re looking for an experienced UX researcher to help drive our user-centred product design practice forwards. You’ll be joining the UX, Design and Product team at an exciting time – we have several live, market-leading product solutions as well as some exciting new product developments in various stages of discovery and/or development. The team is currently 9-strong, and we have another 6 roles available!
What you’ll be doing:
As one of our UX Researchers, you’ll make sure OneFile continues to produce the right solutions to the top user, customer and business problems. We’re looking for someone with experience in UX research to help drive our user-centred product design practice forwards and support OneFile and its customers and users as they strive to be the best teachers and learners.
- Plan, design, organise, conduct, analyse, synthesise & report on user and design research activities, including:
- Stakeholder, customer and user interviews/workshops
- Contextual observations and diary studies
- Concept/prototype testing
- Usability studies
- Gathering, interpreting and generating insight from analytics data and other product usage statistics
- Liaise with senior stakeholders and UX designers and follow your research insights through production and into live product/s
- Help contribute to a repository of research results that is easily ‘minable’ for insight on current and future projects
- Help to create, maintain and develop a ‘knowledge base’ of templates and guides for the range of research methods
- Develop and share a deep understanding of OneFile customers and users whilst being a credible advocate for the user centred design process both internally and externally
Skills, know-how and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with the full spectrum of user research activities e.g. interviews, usability testing, tree testing, card sorting, lab studies, persona development, surveys, A/B testing
- Ability to create, interpret and apply data and research to inform design decisions
- Be pragmatic and able to balance the needs of users, customers and the business
- Able to produce or guide the production of interactive prototypes to an appropriate fidelity for the phase of the process and the testing activity selected.
- Comfortable working within an agile delivery squad and fully versed in lean UX methodology. Able to quickly understand how much is just enough for the problem at hand and appropriate for the associated budget/deadlines
- 3+ years’ experience as a UX Researcher in agile delivery teams working with SCRUM methodology
- Practical experience with Figma or Sketch and Axure RP pro
- Highly collaborative and skilled at facilitation of collaborative design workshops and other stakeholder engagement activities
- Up to date with UX best practices
- Formal qualification/s in related discipline e.g. Psychology, Human Factors, Ergonomics, Human Computer Interaction etc
- Experience in Ed-Tech sector
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Dedicated community days
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of probation period
- Cool city-centre office
- Free coffee, fruit and treats (once we’re able to get back into the office)
- Additional days’ holiday each year
OneFile is the UK’s go-to software for apprenticeships. Our award-winning software has been used by over a million people around the world to help them learn, share and grow. And that’s exactly what we do in-house too. We’re a family of like-minded, hard-working people who work together to build outstanding software, learn from each other, and make a difference in people’s lives.
To apply for this job, email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].