User Experience designer
As one of our UX designers, you’ll make sure OneFile continues to produce the right solutions to the top user, customer and business problems.
We’re looking for someone with experience in UX design to help drive our user-centred product design practice forwards – bridging the spaces from initial idea generation right up to the creation of interactive wireframes and all the stops in between.
This is a true UX design role. This is not a visual design vacancy or a front-end engineering role. You’ll need to be comfortable with qualitative and quantitative user and design research techniques and be very strong at using the raft of UX outputs at your disposal to ensure your findings are understood and, most importantly, manifested into the resulting product and service solutions.
- Working with stakeholders to interpret business, user and customer requirements into product solutions
- Comfortable liaising with development teams early and often
- Producing the right output to drive the best outcomes for our users and the business – from planning and hosting workshops to producing high functional fidelity, interactive prototypes and all stops in between
- Designing, planning, conducting, analysing and reporting on user and design research activities (supported by our inhouse user research specialist) including:
- Stakeholder, customer and user interviews and surveys
- Concept/prototype testing and usability studies
- Contextual observations and diary studies
- Gathering analytics and other product usage data from multiple sources
- Producing evidenced-based product solutions in appropriate prototype formats
- Ensuring cross-product parity by contributing to and improving the OneFile design system
- Design, facilitation and analysis of collaborative UX workshops
Skills, know-how and experience
- Ability to translate complex customer, user and business goals into intuitive user experiences
- Able to produce high-quality artefacts including journey maps, information architectures, personas, research reports and wireframes/interactive prototypes, enabling development of successful products, features and functions
- Practical knowledge of UX design role in agile and Scrum methodology
- Able to create, interpret and apply data and research to inform design decisions
- Be pragmatic and able to balance the needs of users, customers and the business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 3+ years’ experience working as a UX designer in agile delivery teams
- Practical experience with Figma and Axure RP pro
- Formal qualification/s in related discipline e.g. Psychology, Human Factors, Ergonomics, Human Computer Interaction etc.
- Experience in the education sector
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Dedicated community days
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of probation period
- Cool city-centre office (once we’re able to get back into the office)
- Free coffee, fruit and treats (once we’re able to get back into the office)
- Additional days’ holiday each year
OneFile is the UK’s go-to software for apprenticeships. Our award-winning software has been used by over a million people around the world to help them learn, share and grow. And that’s exactly what we do in-house too. We’re a family of like-minded, hard-working people who work together to build outstanding software, learn from each other, and make a difference in people’s lives.
To apply for this job, email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].