Product Marketing Manager
Our vision is a world where everyone is learning for their future. Our award-winning software is used by over a million people around the world every day to learn, share and grow. We’ve got a great core product and we are leaders in the apprenticeship market. We’re now on a journey to expand our products and our market and have new opportunities to accelerate that growth by improving how we message and communicate our product and its capabilities to our customers.
We are looking for an awesome Product Marketing Manager with experience increasing customer acquisition by better communicating a product’s value to potential customers.
This role will report to the Head of Marketing.
About the role:
As Product Marketing Manager at OneFile, you will be defining and leading our product marketing strategy as we continue to develop new products and bring them to market. You will have extensive product marketing experience, ideally in a SaaS business.
This role requires someone with strong interpersonal skills, as you will spend a lot of time interacting with all our internal teams, as well as our external customers and partners. Because of this, you will be confident in leading meetings, presenting to large groups, holding people to account, and understanding how teams within a software business operate.
You will be able to show us evidence of successful go to market product launches that you have delivered, as well as examples of how you have translated technical product specs into engaging customer-focused messaging.
We are going through an exciting period currently, launching two new products imminently, so with the right support and guidance we expect you to be able to hit the ground running and start to implement change quickly and effectively.
This is a new role, so you would have the opportunity to bring innovative ideas and concepts if they help us to meet our goals and objectives.
As Product Marketing Manager at OneFile, you will:
- Be responsible for competitive differentiation, positioning, messaging, naming, and branding, customer communications and products launches.
- Know our customers inside out and know how to translate what we do into their language.
- Collaborate with our Product Managers to make sure we are building the right products for the right market and deliver go-to-market strategies.
- Understand the competitive landscape in order to position our products well and create demand.
- Bring our products and messaging to life to raise our profile and grow brand awareness.
- Ensure our products have a shorter sales cycle and generate higher revenue.
- Understand the products value proposition and turning that information into compelling messages for customers, prospects, and external audiences.
- Work collaboratively with the Product and UX teams to build on their research and truly understand our customer's needs, as well as looking ahead to research new potential markets and audiences.
- Own the ‘Go-to-market’ strategy for each of our new Products, identifying target sectors/industries and market use cases for each territory.
- Make smart data-driven decisions by utilising analytics.
Responsibilities:As Product Marketing Manager at OneFile, you will:
- You will be responsible for bringing the product's story to market by understanding the products value proposition and turning that information into compelling messages for customers, prospects, and external audiences.
- Researching the market to learn and respond to the competitive market to ensure data-driven decisions keep us as the go-to software for apprenticeships, whilst support the expansion of new products and new markets.
- You will be responsible for working with the Product and UX teams to build on their research and truly understand our customers' needs, with an ability to clearly articulate customer problems and how OneFiles products solve them.
- You will be responsible for the ‘Go-to-market' strategy, including the commercial planning, for each of our new Products, identifying target sectors/industries and market use cases for each territory
- Working with the Product Manager you will ensure the sales team are highly trained on how to articulate the products benefits to prospects.
- Developing and leading the delivery of the go-to marketing strategy.
- Driving the GTM strategy to ensure messaging is on-brand, resonates with the intended user base and maximises the product's chances of success.
- Ensuring all product communications resonate with the targeted user personas to drive a successful market launch.
As Product Marketing Manager, you:
- Are dynamic, market-focused, and comfortable with both technical and business concepts.
- Have experience working for a company that is pushing for growth and be comfortable evolving and learning to support this.
- Are skilled in simplifying messaging and translating complex technical specs into engaging messaging.
- Are a brilliant communicator, with experience working with product teams to coordinate all elements when launching new products.
- Have excellent presentation skills and feel confident addressing large groups of people.
- Create effective working relationships with people at all levels, with the ability to identify and work with key decision-makers.
- Ideally have some experience within the education software landscape.
- Can work under pressure, and within a changing business environment.
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills to oversee high-level project delivery.
- Can travel across customer sites and to seminars and events nationally to keep abreast of relevant news and research.
Working at OneFile:
The OneFile team are a diverse and hardworking group of talented professionals who believe in the positive impact learning has on the world around us. We’ve grown from a small family-run business to a multi-million-pound, award-winning software house. Here’s an idea of what you’ll get when you work at OneFile:
- Competitive starting salary and bonus structure.
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, as well as an additional days’ holiday each year to a maximum of 30.
- Birthday leave.
- Dedicated community days where you get to give back to your local community, or volunteer for something that you feel passionate about.
- Contributory pension scheme.
- Cool city-centre office – our teams currently working remotely and flexibly.
- Annual company away day.