We’re looking for an IT Administrator to enhance the use of IT at OneFile.
This role is perfect for someone who can use their initiative, enjoys automating solutions, has an eye for IT security and is comfortable working independently to solve IT issues. If you strive to find better ways of using IT within fast-paced, forward-thinking environments, this is the role for you.
What you’ll be doing:
As OneFile’s IT Administrator, you’ll be responsible for improving, monitoring and maintaining the IT systems and networks at OneFile. You’ll make sure staff have the right equipment and software to achieve their goals, automate solutions where possible, provide excellent customer service to internal stakeholders and ensure OneFile’s IT evolves with trends and is efficient and robust.
You’ll spend at least 50% of your time in the office.
- Implementing IT projects to improve IT service delivery
- Managing internal IT equipment
- Provisioning new equipment for new starters and for office improvement
- Configuring computer systems
- Diagnosing faults and solving technical and application problems, either over the phone or in person
- Managing the IT ticket system and assets register
- Server room and network maintenance and management
- Supporting managers and teams in the adoption and improvement of IT
Skills, know-how and experience:
- Strong people skills are essential – able to vary between accurate technical language or lay terms
- Active Directory (users, groups, group policy)
- Scripting/automation tools (e.g. Eset Management, Group Policy, Powershell, Microsoft Flow)
- Networking (dns, dhcp, subnets, routing)
- Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows Server
- Knowledge of automation technologies (Eset Management agents, Powershell/command scripts, Microsoft Flow)
- General IT security knowledge
- Microsoft Azure VMs/Services
- Experience of tracking external IT trends and identifying how to adopt new technologies or working practices to improve an internal IT capability
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Dedicated community days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cool city-centre office – workforce currently working remotely
- Free coffee, fruit and treats
- Additional days’ holiday each year
OneFile is the UK’s go-to software for apprenticeships. Our award-winning software is used by over a million people around the world every day to learn, share and grow. And that’s exactly what we do in-house too. We’re a family of like-minded, hard-working people who work together to build outstanding software, learn from each other, and make a difference in people’s lives.
To apply for this job, email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].