Compliance and IS Manager
We’re looking for an experienced compliance and IS manager to improve our current practices and ensure compliance and information security is part of everyone’s everyday routines.
We already have a technical IS specialist in the business, and are looking for a more well-rounded compliance and IS manager to be our go-to compliance person! You’ll be instrumental in leading the next stage of compliance across a company that has held ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 for 5 years and is expanding with new products.
If you’re passionate about information security and have experience in a compliance role at a technology or SaaS company, this role is for you!
What you’ll be doing:
As OneFile’s compliance and IS manager, you’ll have the ultimate responsibility for ensuring we maintain our ISO 27001 certification. You’ll monitor and maintain information security and compliance across the business and ensure it’s constantly improving. You’ll work with managers and staff to advise and support them with information security within their teams and roles, and help them take ownership and improve.
As the lead in this area, you’ll also be responsible for responding to information security and compliance questions from customers.
You’ll maintain security logs and supporting documents, answering questions in written and verbal form. However, this role is not about strict bureaucracy – it's about collaborative improvement and enabling others with security in mind. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail and strong people skills to ensure the success of our information security objectives.
- Answering customer queries around information security in written form or occasionally on calls or in meetings
- Monitoring and maintaining the ISO 27001 certification (logs and documentation updates)
- Collecting and analysing information security data and collaborating with managers and staff across the business to improve and resolve issues
- Providing monthly updates to the Board on progress and issues
- Creating and delivering training materials to improve staff knowledge and awareness
- Supporting other compliance initiatives (e.g. Health and safety risk assessments)
- Ensuring the information security management system is implemented and maintained
- Advising employees on all matters relating to the information security management system
- Ensuring that actions to prevent information security incidents and nonconformities and identified, recorded and that improvement actions are implemented and effective
Skills, know-how and experience:
- 2 years’ experience working with processes, procedures, compliance frameworks and ensuring maintenance and continual improvement against international standards (e.g. ISO 9001, 27001)
- Passion for and experience in ISO 27001
- GDPR/ Data Protection Act
- Cyber Essentials
- Experience in ensuring contracts and tenders are compliant
- Confident in completing compliance paperwork
- Experience leading a business through ISO audit
- Exceptional eye for detail
- Confident at improving business intelligence related to compliance
- Working knowledge of cloud security principles
- Business continuity planning skills
- Experience in other compliance-related areas, such as health and safety, ISO 9001
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Dedicated community days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cool city-centre office – workforce currently working remotely
- Free coffee, fruit and treats
- Additional days’ holiday each year
OneFile is the UK’s go-to software for apprenticeships. Our award-winning software is used by over a million people around the world every day to learn, share and grow. And that’s exactly what we do in-house too. We’re a family of like-minded, hard-working people who work together to build outstanding software, learn from each other, and make a difference in people’s lives.
To apply for this job, email your CV and cover letter to [email protected].