If you find yourself proofing every website you visit, if you could have written a clearer message than, “Stay alert”, if you love chewing over such linguistic debates as “log in” versus “login”, we want to hear from you!
Able to use one word when a paragraph is suggested, you will work to distil complex information into the most elegant and succinct copy and content possible.
A bit about the role:
As our UX Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for effective communication within our product interfaces, contributing to excellent user experience for all our users.
You’ll work in the UX, Design and Product (UXDP) team, embedding yourself in the research and design workflow. We welcome a creative thinker who can identify alternative content requirements beyond the brief.
You’ll also act as a link from UXDP to the Marketing team, assisting in the translation of feature sets into selling propositions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage requests for copy from the product team, including back-briefing, agreeing deadlines and testing copy to find the best version, where appropriate.
- Work with our UX researcher and UX designers to craft effective copy and messaging that guides users through our products.
- Translate complex ideas and industry jargon into easy-to-follow product copy
- Write copy that helps keep users engaged and reduces errors and confusion
- Assist in the communication of new features and products internally and externally by working with the marketing team and other customer-facing teams.
Skills, know-how and experience:
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a given for this role. It also requires:
- 3+ years working in a copywriting role, preferably in software development
- Experience of writing for mobile interfaces
- Experience of working with UX designers and researchers
- Experience of working to a content style guide
- Experience of testing copy variations
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines for copy
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Native-level English speaker
- Degree-level written English (perfect spelling and grammar)
- Evidence of completion of a UX writing course is a bonus
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Birthday leave
- Dedicated community days
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of probation period
- Cool city-centre office (Most staff are working remotely during the coronavirus pandemic. The office is available for a small number of staff who require access.)
- Free coffee, fruit and treats
- Additional days’ holiday each year
OneFile is the UK’s go-to software for apprenticeships. Our award-winning software is used by over a million people around the world every day to learn, share and grow. And that’s exactly what we do in-house too. We’re a family of like-minded, hard-working people who work together to build outstanding software, learn from each other, and make a difference in people’s lives.
So, if know your USP from your CTA, send your CV today. Applications to [email protected]