How higher apprenticeships can benefit your business
Higher and degree-level apprenticeships are extremely valuable for all kinds of businesses.
If you’re a levy-paying employer, higher apprenticeships are an opportunity not to be missed! They’re a great way to attract talent to your business, train your staff and get a real return on investment from your levy payments.
But even if you’re a small business, higher apprenticeships offer huge benefits that far outweigh the initial investment – it’s why they’ve been taking technical education by storm!
So how do higher and degree apprenticeships work?
Combining on-the-job training with off-the-job learning, higher and degree apprenticeships are a technical alternative to university degrees. Apprentices learn practical skills alongside academic knowledge, so they often make the most productive employees.
Why should I invest in higher and degree apprenticeships?
Higher and degree apprenticeships bring big benefits to your business – whether you use them to attract new talent or train your existing staff.
GROW YOUR OWN TALENT
1. The new apprenticeship programmes are designed by businesses for businesses, so apprentices develop the specific skills and knowledge they need to progress in their occupation.
2. Higher apprentices do real jobs and make a real difference from day one – adding value back into the business.
3. Apprentices bring new thinking and fresh ideas into the workplace, helping the rest of the team step-up and get things done.
4. Apprentices learn the specific skills your need in your business rather than a generic course, so they’re up to speed as soon as they qualify.
5. Higher apprenticeships are highly skilled recruits who will form the next generation of your workforce and take your business forward.
TRAIN YOUR EXISTING STAFF
1. Higher apprenticeships give your current employees the opportunity to learn new skills, progress their career and support the growth of your business.
2. You can fill your higher-level skills gap in-house by tailoring learning to your specific business needs.
3. Investing in high-level training increases the talent in your team, boosts employee morale and improves staff retention rates.
4. Current staff can mentor new apprentices which promotes the spread of vocational and academic knowledge throughout your organisation.
Employees who have completed a higher or degree apprenticeship are the cream of the crop, and with the right support, they could become the future leaders of your business.
To find out more about more about how you can use apprenticeships to grow your business, download our free guide – higher and degree-level apprenticeships: the ultimate guide for employers.
Find out more about OneFile’s Eportfolio.