If you get frustrated by bad user experience and want to make the world a better place – one app at a time – you could be exactly who we’re looking for. We’re on the hunt for a talented, passionate UX designer – someone who lives and breathes design, problem solving and attention to detail.
What you’ll be doing:As our UX designer, you’ll work closely with other designers, developers and testers to create beautiful, meaningful and relevant experiences for our users. Your designs will be innovative, accessible and meet the needs of real people as well as the business. You’ll be responsible for the entire design process – from acquiring and integrating the product, to working with branding, usability and functionality.
- Work with the Product and UX teams to plan, conduct and report on research studies
- Advocate for the user’s desires, needs, motivations and contexts
- Deliver and maintain UX best practices throughout the discovery and development cycle
- Create concept sketches, flows, scenarios, mock-ups and prototypes to test hypotheses
- Validate ideas by rapidly testing and iterating designs
- Work closely with testers to create scenarios and quality check UI
- Deliver end-product designs that meet business objectives while providing users with the optimum experience in terms of efficiency, effectiveness and engagement.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in product design, ideally designing complex designs in a digital environment
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- An online portfolio of work demonstrating user-centred design (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and visual designs (mock-ups and style guides)
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience with Agile process
- Experience in planning and conducting research
- Strong experience with prototyping tools (InVision) and design software (InVision Studio, Adobe Creative Cloud and Sketch)
- Competitive starting salary
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holiday
- Birthday leave
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of probation period
- Cool city-centre office
- Free coffee, fruit and treats
- Additional days’ holiday each year